You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2014-03-07 15:35:09

jorolas

Entity Rules not working??

Hi, there, 

I have an installation of GLPI 0.84.5 + Fusion inventory 0.84+2.1 in a windows server. I have a fusion inventory agent in each of my 700 branches. All tests regarding discover and inventory tasks are working fine.

I am setting up everything using SuperAdmin profile user (rules, ip address ranges, entities…), and latter on, I will work with maintenance operators and different profiles for each entity.

I will create 700 entities and sub-entities to manage everything properly, but before I launch massive scanning, I am testing automatic assignments to entities. 

Root Entity
               I        I
SubEntity A     Subentity B

If I create ip address ranges for Subentity A and set “Entity” parameter to Subentity A, without use of Fusion Inventory-Entity Rules, every discover device is automatically assigned to Subentity A. Right.

But I have problems with fusion inventory-Entity Rules. If I, from Root Entity level, create ip address ranges (Entity parameter set to Root Entity), and then, I create Fusion – Entity Rules from Root Entity level for assigning discovered devices which match special IP range to subentity A, every discovered device is assigned to Root Entity. Is this right?

As far as I understand, fusion Entity Rules are implicitly (or automatically) applied to every discovered device by Fusion discover/inventory task, and once, rule’s criteria Is matched, action should apply assigning device to Subentity A, even if ip address range which define Subentity range for scan, has Entity parameter set to Root Entity.

Is this normal behavior? Is this a bug? What is the need of Entity rules if assignment to an entity can be made just setting up the entity parameter to subentity in ip address range definitions?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jorge

#2 2014-03-07 18:08:13

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Re: Entity Rules not working??

#3 2014-03-10 10:23:17

jorolas

Re: Entity Rules not working??

Thanks,

BR