You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-07-13 09:37:03

victorfrankl

Added Printer does not appear in Assets ---> Printers

golfwatch_small.jpg
When I told a golf-hating friend that I was field-testing cameras,'' he said, "Not every single camera is up to the demands of today's no-nonsense golf environment!" He meant that as a withering remark, but he had been right. I have a semi-decent full-size camera that takes swell pictures, but retrieving it out of my golf purse is a chore, and I'm constantly worried that I'm likely to get it wet or slap it into something.
https://medium.com/@topgolfrangefinder_ … fa9fb6b4d7
I've also got a couple cool camera programs on my smart phone. They let me frighten friend sin real time, together with images of me beamed directly from the 10th tee at Royal County Down. But mobile phones have a troubled relationship with golf committees, plus they are not designed for rain suit weather. Also, in my experience, buddies-trip photos shot on phone cameras are more likely to wind up in the photo-album reject heap. So I decided to treat myself to something up to the requirements of today's no-nonsense golf environment. Shopping for a camera can be over-whelming. To make my hunt Manageable, I looked only at little cameras made to withstand water,frost, bunker sand, August heat, bag-room attendants and cart collisions.
I narrowed my choice to three any of which I'd be unashamed to recommend. The Canon PowerShot D10 is the bulkiest of the cameras that I attempted. Additionally, it is oddly anatomical in shape, so that carrying it out in a pocket can make a male golfer resemble a candidate for a manssiere. But it's watertight to the depth of the pond on the fourth hole, and you'll be able to drop it out of a grill room bar. Additionally, it takes plenty-good-enough photographs, particularly outside. As with nearly all small cameras, you might worry that what you're really buying is the millimeter-long plastic nub that retains the battery-compartment door shut. Read more
I found myself wanting that Canon had spent a nickelon that latch instead of (apparently) a millionth of a cent. However, most modern cameras have the exact same chintzy feature. Olympus creates a line of weatherproof cameras known as Stylus Tough . I utilized a mid-price version, the 6020, and enjoyed it awhole lot. It's significantly trimmer than the D10; I carried it in each pocket without believing it had been impeding my golfswing or inducing people to stare . Additionally, it has a sensible-seeming feature that the D10 lacks: a protective panel whichautomatically closes over the lens when the camera powers down, enabling me to fearlessly toss it into the ball pocket of my golfpurse before heaving the bag in my trunk.
And, when I inadvertently dropped the 6020 in the sand, I just rinsed it in a drinkingfountain, dried it with my golf towel, and went back to taking badly written images of my buddies. My favoriteand the camera that I finally boughtis the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3. It has almost the same size and shape as the StylusTough, but it feels more substantial. The human body is made not of plastic of a material that an enthusiastic young camerasalesman explained to me as"like, titanium." (Really, it is brushed aluminum.) Like the D10, it lacks a lens cover, but it shootsthe best video of the three, and, to my not necessarily reliable eye, it chooses the best photos indoorsin fact, better than mynon-waterproof camera.
It also has built-in GPS, for geotagging photosa possibly useful feature, I guess, because golf holes couldbe even harder to tell apart than golfersalthough I flipped it off on mine. The TS3 is now my preferred camera, and I use it allthe timeeven when I am not playing golf.
BARGAIN
Recently I heard someone refer to sub-$100 cameras as "disposables." That is shocking, of course, but I know what he intended.Actually, 1 solution to the golf-camera issue might be to buy a cheap one Rather than care what happens to it. The Kodak Easy Share Sport C123 is not a great camera. But it's waterproof, and for significantly less than the price of One D10 or TS3 You could purchase one for all the other members of your foursome and allow them Record your visit to the Old Course, as you focus on winning skins.
Read more

Last edited by victorfrankl (2018-08-13 17:11:13)

Board footer