You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-06-22 09:12:33

Hooshee

Template asset name autoincrement question

Hi Guys,

I'm in the middle of introducing GLPI as az inventory and ticketing system. I have successfully imported my old inventorys data, and I'm now trying to create templates for the forthcoming assets. I would really like to use the autoincrement feature, but I'm a bit stuck now.

My company has a naming standard of 4 characters identifying the company, 1 character the item type, and 4 running digits. XXXXL0001 is the first laptop in company XXXX, YYYYD0002 is the second desktop computer in company YYYY.

I know that with the first five characters I only can create more templates, but how could I achive the increment not starting from 1? I mean I have XXXXL0031 now in a company, and if I create the template with XXXXL#### it starts from 1. I tried to stick around with the \g paramereter (\gXXXXL####, XXXXL\g####), none of them helped. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Barna

#2 2018-07-21 11:28:38

KKAdmin

Re: Template asset name autoincrement question

I don't know \g but this should work.

<IMBIL####>

I you don't want to use the same / already used values you can use field unicity (home - setup - field unicity).
"Record into the database denied" set to yes.

You can mark this threat as [resolved] in subject of your threat. (This is only available edit of the first post.) It is good for users who help others to quickly see which post is still open.
##############################################
GLPI 9.3.3

Board footer