You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2017-02-21 14:46:28

kleanthidis

How to do i move my db from one server to another?

Hello guys,

I have an installation of GLPI 0.90.1 version and i want to move it to a new server. I've installed the latest version of GLPI

to the new one and after i backed up the old one and transfered it to the second one things are missing from my database.

Users, groups of users, tickets, printers and some other things are not present though computers, list of entities and knowledge base

files showed up fine... Am i missing something? is it because there is a difference in GLPI version? But anyway is there a way to lets

say transfers bit s and pieces from one installation to another separetelly??? like users on their own , tickets etc... but will they

reconnect all up ??

Thank you very much..

#2 2017-02-21 15:06:42

LaDenrée
HELPER

Re: How to do i move my db from one server to another?

did you update glpi/config/config_db.php on your new server ?

did you move glpi directory and database ?

mysql version on new server ?

Trouver la panne avant de réparer...
GLPI10.0.10 (ubuntu 22.04 PHP8.1  Mariadb10.6 ) plugins : comportements 2.7.2 reports 1.16.0 formcreator 2.13.8, datainjection 2.13.4 fields 1.21.6

#3 2017-02-22 19:27:56

kleanthidis

Thank you very much for your super quick reply ..

What i have in mind and correct me if i am wrong is the following process.

First of all server A (old installation) runs on a proxmox server and want to install it on a QNap server . Qnap

On A i have GLPI version 0.90.1 and Qnap comes with 0.85 version.

So 1) firstly i back up from the Administration -> Maintanance option and then download the file locally.

2) Copy the GLPI directory from the web-root of the old server and save it locally as well

3) Then i have to install on Qnap Glpi but do i have to import the db on Qnap using phpmyadmin or will i do it using glpi through

Administration -> Maintenance -> restore?   And do i first have to get the new installation first to the same version as the   

previous one?

What i have done is that i have inserted using import in phpmyadmin the .sql file from server A and when installed the new one i

linked with this db upon installation. I edit the config_db.php ( thanks alot for the tip ) so that username and password match the

ones in the new installation and point to the imported db but still i get the same results....

I do have the full list of all my computers , articles in knowledge base , list of entities but no users or printers or list of operating

systems etc.. Why do i get half of the staff ?? Do i have to edit something else too that i dont know where it is?? 

Thanks again for your time i really appreciate it!..

#4 2017-02-24 09:07:35

kleanthidis

Hi again... i found what the problem was after trying to install glpi on a pc as test..

it showed my a warning about maximum file size ... and then i found out that i could not upload more than 2MB of data ..!

changed the php.ini max_file_size part from 2MB and voila... But my question is does it copies up to the point that it reaches the

2MB file size and then stops ? because i could see part of my database.. and is there an alphabetical rule in that??

Anyway thank you very for your help .. luckily i solved it ...

Thanks again... Have a good day

Board footer