You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2016-05-26 23:30:52

jcmmartin

Checking write permissions for picture files

Hello,

I do an upgrade from version 0.84.5 to version 0.90.3.

I install the PHP 7.

I am using Windows 2008 R2 Standard  SP 1 with IIS 7.

I receive this error:

Checking write permissions for picture files -  The directory could not be created.
Check permissions of directory: GLPI_PICTURE_DIR'

I give permision to IIS_IUSRS(Read/Write) on:

C:\inetpub

But the error continue there

How can I resolve this issue

Thanks in advance for any help. Good day

#2 2016-05-27 01:33:30

tyrone.wyatt

Re: Checking write permissions for picture files

If your PHP temp folder is still the default it might be permissions related.

Since uploaded files get saved into the PHP temp folder C:\Windows\Temp and are then copied to the GLPI\_Files folder the uploaded files retain the permissions from C:\Windows\Temp .

As a work around you could create another partition eg D:\. If you then change your PHP temp folder to D:\ drive then when the file is copied from D:\temp\php to GLPI\_Files the file will inherits permissions of the folder GLPI\_Files

"By default, an object inherits permissions from its parent object, either at the time of creation or when it is copied or moved to its parent folder. The only exception to this rule occurs when you move an object to a different folder on the same volume. In this case, the original permissions are retained." http://www.think-like-a-computer.com/20 … rmissions/

Board footer