You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2015-08-28 18:34:15

jlkrenzelok

Need some assistance with installing plugins

Hi-

I'm running GLPI 0.84.5 on Debian Squeeze, and for some reason, plugins will not show up after I move them into the plugins directory.  As far as I can tell, I am following the directions correctly, and I am using chown -R www-data:www-data on the plugin directory to make sure that the webservice can control it.

I have also tried restarting my Apache2 service, and I am logging out and then back in afterwards.  I have additionally used F5 on the plugins page to make sure that it's not showing me a cached version.

So far, I have tried to install commonobjects, webservices and datainjection, each one using the 0.84X version, but they just aren't showing up.

I'm sure whatever I'm missing will be obvious in retrospect, but I'm drawing a complete blank on how to move forward with this.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks-
Jesse

#2 2015-08-28 18:40:03

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Re: Need some assistance with installing plugins

Apache must be owner of files directory, not plugins directory.
Have you right on global config in your profile?

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#3 2015-08-28 19:28:43

jlkrenzelok

Thanks yllen-

Perhaps it would be more clear to say that I made Apache the owner of (for example) the webservices directory with the -R option.  I have also set the entire directory to CHMOD 777, and still no luck.

I may not have had a Global config right on my personal profile, so I tried it using the Admin account, which did give me some extra rights in some areas, but the plugin is still not showing up.

The way I read it, it should look like .. / plugins / webservices in the directory.  However, I did see some comments when I Googled it that said the plugins directory needed to be cleared out- do I need to extract the files to the plugins directory without that webservices folder?

Thanks for your help,
Jesse

#4 2015-08-28 21:47:56

jlkrenzelok

This may be the problem, but I don't know how to fix it.  When I installed GLPI, I created a user Admin and deleted the GLPI/GLPI account.  When I put the program into debug mode as the Admin User, the variable glpi_plugins is showing up with no value.

Is there a way to set the value for that variable manually, and/or recover the glpi default account?

#5 2015-08-30 09:21:02

yllen
GLPI-DEV

If you have "Need to be cleared out" it's because version of plugin is not ok with version of GLPI.
If you don't see plugins in Setup > Plugins it's because you have no config rights.

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x

#6 2015-09-02 15:50:09

jlkrenzelok

Ok.  I've tried several plugins that say they are compatible with my version of GLPI, so it must be a matter of config rights.

I'm the one who installed it, and I have my login set to super-admin rights- is there something more I need to do to set the config rights properly?  I've combed through the menus, and don't see any options for that.  I don't mind skipping the GUI and interacting with it directly via command line as root if there's a method for that.

Thanks for your help!

#7 2015-09-02 16:55:36

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Do you see Setup > Plugins?
in this menu, what do you see?
Have you try to put 1 plugin by 1 plugin?
Which are versions of each plugin used?
Have you error in log? in debug mode?

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x

#8 2015-09-02 19:25:28

jlkrenzelok

Yes, I see Setup > Plugins, but it shows the message "No plugin installed" under the plugins list, and a button that says "See the catalog of plugins" right below it.  The button takes me to a website.
I have tried adding the plugins one at a time using tar -zxvf (filename) in the plugins directory, and removing the folders that result from that before adding a different plugin, and I have also tried moving the files inside the folder to the plugins directory with no change in results.

I am testing with fushioninventory-for-glpi_0.84+3.5.tar.gz and glpi_reports-1.7.3.tar.gz.  I'm not seeing any errors, They're just not showing up.

After placing the plugins into the directory, I am restarting the Apache2 server and logging out of GLPI.  I have also tried a full server reboot, with no result.

I also used find /var/www/glpi -name *plugins and it returned four results:

/var/www/glpi/lib/tiny_mce/plugins
/var/www/glpi/lib/jqueryplugins
/var/www/glpi/plugins
/var/www/glpi/files/_plugins

I have been putting the files in /var/www/glpi/plugins (and tried once in /var/www/glpi/files/_plugins.)  Am I placing the plugins in the wrong folder?

Thanks for your continued help!

#9 2015-09-03 10:54:50

yllen
GLPI-DEV

jlkrenzelok wrote:

Yes, I see Setup > Plugins, but it shows the message "No plugin installed" under the plugins list, and a button that says "See the catalog of plugins" right below it.

You have this message if the directory glpi/plugins/ is empty.

Look at you apache configuration to verify the path of GLPI. I think you are not in the correct directory.

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x

#10 2015-09-03 15:23:14

jlkrenzelok

That was it!  I had two locations- /var/www/glpi and /var/www/html/glpi.  I did not go into the html directory because I did not remember using it for anything.

It appears to be working now- thank you very much for your assistance.

#11 2015-09-03 16:34:30

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Thanks for news. I close this post.

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x

Board footer