You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2008-05-28 16:08:09

smalchow

OCS software import mechanism

Hi,

i read all through the forum the people have the same problems i have regarding ocs software imports, and i would like to make some suggestions and see whether that is feasible or not:

-------------

1. Versionnumbers of Software
The versionnumbers in the software imported from OCS are including minor versions and sometime even patchlevel, this poses a problem for license management since licensewise i don't care whether i use 7.0.194 or 7.0.195 of a software ( at least in the most cases )

Suggestion 1
After import duplicate the serial number of OCS and create the possibility to change the serial number that is used in GLPI and use this in GLPI.

Suggestion 2 ( alternativ )
Create a software with a version number bound to it and make no distinction between the different serial numbers of the installations that are assinged to that software.

--------------------

2. Installations vs. Licenses
Imports from OCS are labelled as "Installations" on one hand but they are also handled as Licenses right away, from my point of view the data i import from OCS is never a "license", it is an installation ( or a number of installations ) i want to verify against existing licenses i have.

Suggestion 1
The import from OCS should only show up as "installation" and the sum of the installations should be calculated against the ( manually ) added licenses. This would be my understanding of licenses tracking. In case we have different licenses ( e.g. for different platforms ) we would have to create a seperate software entry, which is licenses wise the right way.

Suggestions 2
Only slightly different: Still handle OCS imports only as "Installation" and create the possibility to link them ( globalized or unglobalized ) to a ( manually ) added license while automatically decreasing the number of available licenses. I know that i can move OCS imported licenses already, but then main issue is the missing distinction between "Installation" and "License"

---------------------

I hope this helps and is not totally of the tracks for all you guys

Cheers
Soeren

#2 2008-05-28 17:30:51

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: OCS software import mechanism

This is on the roadmap for 0.72 (installation and license manage each separatly).

I hope you will test this version (only in development, probaly very buggy and unstable actually).

++

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

Board footer